Front End Developer - Permanent
Front End Developer required to join our Customer Experience team here in Watford.
- Create prototypes and production-ready XHTML/CSS /JS for eCommerce websites
- Focus on user needs and optimum user experience
- Integrate production-ready XHTML cross-browser compliant valid CSS into JSP coded pages in an integrated development environment
- Working within an agile team, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimations
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
- Contributing to the team’s focus to maintain Front End Quality through participating in coding reviews and adhering to Wunderman Thompson Commerce coding standards
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share with everyone! You like working in a fast-paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the online purchasing experience for everyone, no matter what they are buying and from where!
You will be client focused and be willing to be flexible when required to make them happy, including working at client locations.
The techy bit…. we need you to be really great at:
- Experience of using CSS stylesheet languages (SASS) and libraries such as Bootstrap/Foundation
- Willingness to contribute to both large, complex projects and smaller tasks as directed.
- Experience of using version control tooling in a large development team performing Continuous Integration
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Good understanding/awareness of Usability, Accessibility, Cross Browser issues
- The candidate has to have excellent communication skills and capability to interact directly with the customer (show and tells/requirement analysis sessions/retrospectives etc)
If you know some of this even better!
- Can create prototypes and production-ready HTML/CSS
- Solid information, interaction, and visual design skills.
- Experience creating site architecture diagrams, wireframes, process flows
- Experience of JSP, JSTL, Hybris, cross platform browser testing, JIRA.
- Commercial Ecommerce platform experience – Magento/Hybris/IBM WebSphere/Shopify
- Experience designing for dynamic and template-driven sites.
- Creative, yet meticulous. Has a sense of craftsmanship.
- Experience of graphics packages, primarily Photoshop, or newer tools such as Sketch
- Experience of working on Java projects would be extremely advantageous
- Familiar with Unit Testing Frameworks (eg Jasmine/Karma etc)
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a new global eCommerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to make a big impact through eCommerce.
How? By creating outstanding websites and inspired shopper journeys. It’s why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as GAME, Halfords, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more! We’re an inclusive group of more than 1350 thinkers and doers from WPP’s leading commerce agencies: Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce and Gorilla Group alongside two Amazon specialists - all under the world-renowned Wunderman brand. Our reputation is based on having the best the business – people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready sites, solutions and services. When our clients win – we win.
With new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two other cool agency offices in Central London, we’ve got 20 locations mapped across Europe, North America and Asia.
As our business grows internationally, we’re seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best eCommerce sites and experiences in the world.